3. Bad news

Monday May 21st was when I received the dreaded diagnosis- grade II, stage IIb invasive ductal cell carcinoma.  I remember writing down the information my OB so gently expressed over the phone and retaining composure by the nurses' station. I looked up at my friend Pinky across the way; she had an apprehensive expression on her face with bated breath.  Instantly a wave of sadness overcame me, and the only escape was the restroom.  This was my safe space.  After the crying and shaking abated, I was able to update Dad and other loved ones.  When I opened the door, Pinky was there.  Who knew that such a tiny person could give such big hugs?!

Moments later Carolyn aka Mama C made some magic happen.  She contacted one of our current chiefs, Jonathan, who so graciously helped with scheduling an oncologist and directing me to answer the "what do I do now?" questions.  These three guys were my "medical first responders," and I'm forever grateful for them.  They truly have hearts of gold.

msmoem.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18. I'll have a chemoport now, please

29. Chemo cycle #5

1. And so it begins...