1. And so it begins...

Life is full of unforeseen trials. This is a fact that most people are all too familiar with.  I never thought that I was invincible.  I could be one car wreck away from an admission to the ICU or perhaps at the wrong place at the wrong time prior to my demise, but I never pictured a diagnosis of breast cancer at age 28.  At first I conjectured that the amount of aspartame and Splenda I've guzzled throughout the years was to blame *shoulder shrug.* No one in my immediate family has a history of breast cancer.  Did you know that one in eight women are diagnosed with this awful disease in their lifetime? Right this very moment you can probably think of more than one name of a family member or friend who is currently battling or has survived breast cancer.  It's pretty darn common.

So what's my story?  Well, it's a PG-13, slightly graphic tale.  I'm in the medical field, and details are important.  You've been warned.  Step into my office, and I promise to be fairly transparent. With Christ at the forefront of this battle, I'm already claiming it: Malcolm-1 Cancer-0.







Comments

  1. You are one strong woman, Nathalie! Lots of prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to That! You are destined for greatness! Your Faith filled parents laid that foundation! You can't have a testimony without a test!
    Ms. Doe ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to That! You are destined for greatness! Your Faith filled parents laid that foundation! You can't have a testimony without a test!
    Ms. Doe ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'nat,
    My mom just showed me this blog. Stupid disease, absolutely doesn't belong in you. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you. By the way, the blog is really well written, thanks for sharing.
    -Schnebecca

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18. I'll have a chemoport now, please

29. Chemo cycle #5