8. First day back at work


Afternoon, everybody.  Many of you have heard that Monday June 4th was my first day back to work after a brief hiatus.  I honestly felt like an ecstatic child returning to school after a long summer break, itching to get back to see sweet friends and catch up on their stories.  In nerd-filled anticipation, I packed lunch the night before and picked out a set of scrubs to match one of my new beanie caps. Pretty stoked!


The following morning, I made the short trek from the parking garage to the pediatric radiology reading room.  Although this distance was previously walked many times before, I was a little winded.  The Radiology folks were very welcoming.  Seemed like the theme that morning was bladder reflux 😆.  During a break I also had the opportunity to stop by and say hello to the new Internal Medicine and Pediatric chiefs- looking good, guys!  There were lot's of smiles, hugs, and "welcome backs." 

After lunch, the next stop was one of my favorite places- our Med-Peds Continuity clinic! One thing about this group- not only do we prioritize patient care, but workplace enjoyment is also of great importance.  In the back room, the door was beautifully decorated.  My initial thought was that it was someone's birthday.  Upon entering the room I soon realized that these decorations were supporting breast cancer.  The entire office was decked out in pink, and I discovered the sweetest message waiting at my desk. 








 
This well orchestrated plan was none other than Jenny's idea.  She's like our mama hen.  All of the nurses took time to decorate the office which unsurprisingly prompted happy tears.  They even placed some tissues by the candy because they already knew what was coming 😭.

Here's an oldie but goodie photo from the day we said "until next time" to Dr. Bell.  Of course we're missing Drs. Stewart and Henson.  Okay, I'll snap a picture with everyone next time.  Anyway, one of the best moments from this Monday was Noelle (directly behind me) jumping out of the restroom with perfectly executed timing to shout "surprise!" 😂 Love these guys!

It was a great day in clinic, but the end of the evening greeted me with unwelcome fatigue.  One step at a time.  *Reminder to self* this is not a sprint.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18. I'll have a chemoport now, please

29. Chemo cycle #5

1. And so it begins...