10. Medical Nitty-Gritty Part 2

Just cuttin to the facts.

New things I've learned:
-Official staging: stage IIb invasive ductal cell carcinoma (the cancer has spread to my right lymph nodes as confirmed on the PET scan)

Appointments:
-Thursday 6/7- receiving a Lupron injection which will essentially shut down and protect my ovaries while receiving chemo.  I'll be in temporary menopausal state.  Bring on the fans!

-Thursday 6/7- appointment with Plastic surgery. 

-July- appointment with Genetics to test for BRCA1/2 and other genes

Chemo:
-Adriamycin and Cytoxan once every 3 weeks for 3 more treatments
-Toxol once every 3 weeks for 4 treatments

4 week break after chemo to give my blood counts an opportunity to recover

Surgery: Novemberish. I'll have a double mastectomy with concomitant insertion of expanders (for reconstructive purposes) There will be a drain on each side for a short time, and I will need to wear a compression sleeve on my upper right arm to prevent lymph fluid from accumulating in one place.

4-6 week break recovery from surgery

Radiation: Treatment will be Monday-Friday for 6 weeks total

Tamoxifen after all of this?  Question for my oncologist.  I am estrogen and progesterone receptor positive so we'll see.

Lastly, I leave you with this.  Definitely becoming more comfortable.  Plus this is entry number X, right?
WAKANDA FOREVERRRR!!
XOXO 😘


Comments

  1. Whew! I Pray no hot flashes, those things are no joke, lol. Wow, one day at a time girlie. Jesus is the Captain of this ship, you may encounter a few waves, but he promises smooth sailing for the rest of your journey. Beautiful pic!
    ❤ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof! Lots to come. I am so, so impressed with your attitude and your faith, my dear. We are all praying for you and sending lots of love.

    Also you look TOTALLY FABULOUS! Beautiful inside and out. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole is so right! Beautiful and strong of faith! We have our prayer warriors on this so that you continue with strength and faith!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ms. Doe, Nic, and Ms. Michelle! Hopefully the hot flashes won't be frequent. Appreciate all of the prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a spritzing fan hanging on a Wonder Woman lanyard! It is the bomb!!! LOL! Hot flashes beware!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18. I'll have a chemoport now, please

29. Chemo cycle #5

1. And so it begins...