15. Chemo #2

On 6/19 I went to the clinic for my second chemo treatment (Adriamycin and Cytoxan combo).  The actual process went by quickly, but the side effects were absolutely ruthless once the IV anti-nausea medications wore off.  It's like having the flu with nonstop nausea and lethargy.   At one point Dad and I were in the living room- I glanced his way and whispered "I don't think I can do this six more times." Dad replied, "You will make it through, and I'll be right here with you."  Love this man so very much!

I was also encouraged by dear friends.  Lauren from high school enlightened me about the benefits of ginger, and she sent a tea package to aid with nausea.  Sharkey suggested pop-sickles which stay down better than Gatorade!  Also the Pediatric department sent these gorgeous flowers with a sweet card! Gotta brag on y'all.  Seriously couldn't get through this without you.  In the words of Big Sean "ain't nobody fresher than my clique." 😉



Comments

  1. Nat dear...With love, prayers and courage you will win this battle too. Remember that God is your helper and protector. We pray that God restores your good health.

    Lots of love and prayers
    Manju

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Manju. You are absolutely right! Thanks be to God! Love you

      Delete
  2. Nat! <3 <3 I love you so much!! You are going through so much and you're absolutely amazing. You will get through this. You have an incredible number of people who love you and are rooting for you. I think of you often & miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shokie. Missing you too! Appreciate the kind thoughts

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18. I'll have a chemoport now, please

29. Chemo cycle #5

1. And so it begins...