6. The bigger chop

Summer of 2012 I made the decision to "go natural" which means cutting off all of the chemically processed hair and starting off with an afro also known as "the big chop." Well, yesterday I went through an even bigger chop.  Yep- I'm bald now :) Although it was harder than anticipated, I couldn't get through it without my sweet, lifelong friend Jenna and rockstar hairstylist coaching along the way.  Jenna held my hand as I sat in that chair mourning the loss of what used to be tightly curled locks of hair, my crown.  As difficult as that process was, God gave me a peace that this was something I needed to do: not an act of control on my part, but a reminder that HE is in control.
God is sovereign.

This has always been one of my anthems: India Arie's "I am not my hair" Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/3DAtTV0NATA

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group North America I Am Not My Hair · India.Arie I Am Not My Hair ℗ 2005 Motown Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc. Author, Composer: India.Arie Author, Composer: Shannon Sanders Author, Composer: Drew Ramsey Auto-generated by YouTube.

We probably posed like this in middle school too.  My Jenna!
Yeah, we're goofy

Comments

  1. Oh sweet girl! My heart was broken when I heard of your diagnosis. I am so proud of you for facing it head-on (as you always do) and so thankful that you know Who really holds it all. Please know that you have always been so precious to me and have always held a special place in my heart. You are loved fiercely by so many and of course by your Heavenly Father. You definitely have a very special guardian angel watching over you as you walk through this and absolutely one of the best daddys in the world. Please give him a big hug for me and know I am always here loving you both and praying for you.
    Kathy Wilson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ms Kathy! Yes, Dad truly is one of the best of the best! Very appreciative that we have such an amazing support system. Love you lots! <3

      Delete
  2. Alway Loved that song and No you are not you hair. Everybody can't rock that style and you are definitely rocking it. I think Tyra might be looking for you!😍 I had to cut Sandra, my sis in laws, hair off years ago when she was going through the same thing. You are so right, being in control is sooo important because that was the hardest thing she and I every had to do. You Rock!🎉
    ❤ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Ms. Doe! Haha, not sure about modeling, but thanks. How is Ms. Sandra doing these days? That must have been really hard to be the one doing the cutting, but I'm sure she majorly appreciated that sweet gesture. Thanks for being part of my humongous support system! Love you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18. I'll have a chemoport now, please

29. Chemo cycle #5

1. And so it begins...