16. Reflections

Evening, crew.  A lot of wonderful things have happened in the past week and a half, and I've felt like myself.  Lots of laughing and evening walks; always a great sign, right? 😉

June 22nd marked the one month anniversary of my new reality.  It's interesting how you notice even the subtlest changes like a fuller face from retaining more fluid than usual or how your taste buds are affected.  I'm very grateful that we've made so many advancements in medicine providing access to effective treatment, but when you truly think about it- this form of poison (chemo) is the lesser of two evils.  My disease is being contained and eradicated.  I cannot begin to fathom the amount of physical and emotional pain endured by those fighting metastatic disease.  We need to continue to further research and find a cure to this illness.  Far too many people have been touched by breast cancer, and we can't stop fighting now.

The first steps toward this goal begin with awareness.  The nurses at our Med-Peds clinic were one step ahead and created these bracelets to support the cause, a gift beyond thoughtful.  I've started passing them out to colleagues, friends, bosses, even strangers.  FAITH, LOVE, and STRENGTH





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18. I'll have a chemoport now, please

29. Chemo cycle #5

1. And so it begins...