20. Chemo #3

It can be difficult writing something retrospectively because July 12th, chemo #3, was fairly pleasant.  We were all smiles, the port functioned well, and Dad and I enjoyed some Baskin & Robbins while I was still riding the wave from the IV anti-nausea meds (1 scoop's for the weak, get a second scoop for later ;-). 



















Cue Friday afternoon where the intractable nausea and vomiting commenced.  Lemme tell ya- my arsenal of meds, ginger tea, peppermint oil, lemon slices, and lemon water was no match for what chemo #3 had in store because nothing worked this time.  I started having symptoms of dizziness and more fatigue than previous chemo cycles.  I consulted my personal group of lady internists (you got it- the med school besties).  It's different when you're the patient dealing with your own maladies.  I would have advised a patient of mine to "get to the ER or clinic for some IV fluids!" Anyway- that was the overwhelming consensus- IV fluids ASAP!

Fast-forward to Monday morning 7/16.  My amazing oncologist squeezed me in earlier today to receive some IV fluids and anti-emetics.  The power of hydration is often underestimated. 

When we made it back home, your girl could tolerate a cup of ice, 16 oz of water, and two eggs!  Singing praises 😄


Comments

  1. Praying the nausea stays at bay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acupuncture?! It's backed by science: https://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/news/20001205/acupuncture-chemotherapy-side-effects#1

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18. I'll have a chemoport now, please

29. Chemo cycle #5

1. And so it begins...