23. When things no longer run like clockwork

Evening folks, Thursday August 9th Teresa and I went to the clinic prepared for Cycle #4 of chemo.  Since Dad was out of town for business, Teresa kindly volunteered her time to accompany me to this appointment.  Thank you x a million, girl!  Anyway, I always have labs drawn the same day as a potential treatment. The blood work results revealed a second drop in my infection fighting cells; it was determined that I would benefit from another Neulasta injection to beef up the cell number prior to getting the fourth hit of chemo. With our newfound spare afternoon we decided to go out for lunch and treat ourselves to pedicures.  What a crazy way to catch up!

Cycle #4 of chemo will instead take place on Thursday 8/23 (*fingers crossed*).  On the bright side after this three week delay, I'm now back on my old schedule where Dad will be in town for the majority of the chemo dates.  Thank you to those who volunteered to bring me when I found out that the schedule was initially offset.

On a slightly different note, although I have been granted a break from the awful side effects of chemo these past few weeks, a few mental health obstacles have risen.  Some nights I would feel down and have this overwhelming since of dread.  The hot flashes from the Lupron would come at the worst times of course.  There were also occasional feelings of guilt because I thought "hey I'm not in pain or nauseous, I don't have a reason to be glum right now."  Even caught myself withdrawing from a few friend group texts.  Ladies and gents- depression is real whether it's medication induced or organic.  I'm fortunate to have a support system to talk these things out.  My aunt and grandmother visited which was definitely uplifting.

Despite being long distance, the bond between this special group of girlfriends from the Haughton/Shreveport, LA area remains unbroken.  A few years ago when our bible study was in its early stages, we named the group Rescue because the meaning resonated with each of us.  We're a sisterhood who looks after one another and rescues with scripture & prayer during times of need.  Couldn't get through this without you, ladies! 😘
2016 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Honoring Auntie B




One of our sisters who continually inspires me with her testimony, Tiffany, shared my story with a few of her elementary students.  These sweet angels drew the pictures below in their free time: a message of hope in the midst of trial.


"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11  

Comments

  1. Hello Cousin Nathalie, Your cousin, Myron and I just recently found out about your journey. Just know that we continue to keep you in prayer. Please tell your Dad hello for us. Sending hugs, love and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE LOVE YOU!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18. I'll have a chemoport now, please

29. Chemo cycle #5

1. And so it begins...