12. Got my hair "did"

In response to the recent post quoting India Arie about not being defined by the crown of hair we wear, "ain't nothin wrong with an occasional glam up" *snap snap* (Yours Truly).  Beauty is skin deep, but it's more than alright to sport a healthy display of fabulousness.  Can I get a witness?

Tina, hairstylist & owner of Diva Salon in Pearl, MS
Anyway, I'm finished clowning for now.  I would like to thank one of my sweetest and life long friends, Jenna Bond, for such a generous and extraordinary present.  She blessed me with the purchase of some high quality hair used to make the customized wig as pictured! I cried when she told me about her plans and was opposed to the idea initially.  The hair used for the wig was far from inexpensive; however, I have learned that it is okay to be on the receiving end of someone's ministry.  Sometimes you have to check your pride and not be a hindrance to a blessing.  Allowing loved ones to help you blesses them too! It's not unidirectional.  Along the same lines, today I received a beautiful, customized wig (service charge waved) from my hairstylist and prayer warrior, Tina!  I thank God for these two amazing women and hope that their love will inspire all as it has for me.

No worries- the bald look will resurface on occasion.  Besides, it gets hot in the South!


Comments

  1. She's a sweetie like that. Looks great! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She most certainly is! Heart of gold. Thanks, Nic

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God continue to bless your sweet spirit....I'm praying for you. Team Malcolm baby, all the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18. I'll have a chemoport now, please

29. Chemo cycle #5

1. And so it begins...